Hotel website checklist
A website is a place where you can publish detailed information about the company, services, terms of order, and performance of services, contacts, and details (especially hotels). The site informs your customers all year round, night and day. And even if you have a well-designed website, the question arises: how to attract visitors to your website?
The structure features: what pages should be on the hotel's website
The site structure is the foundation. The more convenient it is the better each block is worked out, and the more likely it is that the user will stay on the site and book a room.
By contrast, if we talk about a luxury hotel, but the site is a complete mess, the potential customer may not even get to the description of the rooms and the booking form.
A minimum set of pages:
- Home page;
- About the hotel;
- Hotel photos;
- Hotel policies;
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Special Offers;
- User Agreement;
- Contacts with a feedback form.
Additional optional pages:
- Cafe, bar, restaurant;
- News or blog;
Depending on the features of the hotel, this list may be supplemented or changed.
There’s the minimum checklist that is suitable for quickly launching the hotel's website.
Visual site audit
- Attractive design, that emphasizes the business concept.
- The site is adaptive and looks comfortable on any device.
- The content is useful and clear – it displays the customer benefits for greater recognition.
- There are a detailed map and photos of the hotel facade.
- Contacts contain the exact address, GPS coordinates, phone number, e-mail, links to social networks.
- There is quick access for communicating with the manager.
- The booking form is available on all pages.
- It is not necessary to develop a new booking system for every site.
- Feedback forms do not complicate anything — a couple of most important graphs are filled: name and contact for communication (email or phone) for feedback forms;
- Reliable photos of the rooms;
- Honest guest reviews – they increase the trust of future customers.
- If you cannot collect reviews on the site, you need to insert links to your pages on TripAdvisor, Booking, Google Maps, or Yandex Maps. People are more willing to leave reviews there.
- Interesting promotions and attractive offers – you can invite guests for a weekend with a discount, make a gift when ordering a festive event or include a free welcome drink in a booking of business halls.
- Make sure that you can easily find the information you need and you do not have difficulty navigating.
Technical audit of the site
- Check the site for HTML errors. Validator: HTML validator.
- Perform an audit in Google Chrome. Google's Lighthouse will help you here.
- Evaluate the site loading speed. Google's PageSpeed Insights helps you here: Page speed insights.
- Place the favicon on the site in the following formats .ico and png. Recommended service for generating icons: RealFaviconGenerator.
- Use micro-markup to improve search engine's understanding of the site content. If you have a product catalog, organization data, reviews, videos, etc. on your site, be sure to mark them up according to the standard schema.org. We recommend the following markup:
SEO site audit
- Check the file robots.txt. Its presence in the root folder of the site site.ru/robots.txt and indication of the required directives (Host, Sitemap, prohibiting indexing of service pages, etc.).
- Use Screaming Frog SEO Spider or SiteAnalyzer to search for broken links on your site.
- Check the availability and adequacy of the site map sitemap.xml and specify a link to it in the file robots.txt.
- Fill in the minimum SEO information (title and description) with a mention of the hotel name, at least for the main page.
- Analytics systems are installed. GoogleAnalytics and Yandex.Metrica.
- Set up goals in analytics systems.
- The site is added to search engines.
Site content audit
- On the main page, there is a heading h1 with the name of the hotel.
- Make sure that there are unique texts on the site. Check that all test LoremIpsum files are deleted in advance.
- Follow the header hierarchy. Use only one h1 header per page. Service links and menu items should not be headlines.
- Enter the alt and title tags for the images manually or automatically. The content of the tags must match the image.
- Information about the entity
Use your imagination and love your guests — they will definitely appreciate it and come back again!